The Indian passenger car market is at a pinnacle, witnessing robust double digit growth each month in sales. The surge in automobile sales has made India a very important market for most car manufacturers (OEMs) across the globe and they now seek deeper understanding of the Indian market and consumers.
To win over in this highly competitive market, advertisers are stretching their marketing budgets, trying every medium in an effort to reach out to their consumers and establish their brands. With growing internet penetration and over 80% of potential car buyers on automobile websites, online now becomes a medium which brand managers cannot afford to ignore. It is therefore very important for brands to engage with this audience online and track their online behavior.
Realizing the importance of this growing sector and its role in influencing car purchase decisions, we at ViziSense decided to study a potential car buyer’s online behavior. Our research is based on tracking of actual consumer behavior of over 5000 panelists, tracked over June – December 2010 (The ViziSense India panel is > 1,00,000).
What makes it extremely important for advertisers and brand managers to have this report? Few points highlighted below:
- Contribution of automobile portals and OEM sites in aiding buying decision
- Share of cars searched (in each segment from entry to premium)
- Comparisons across models and segments
- Top cities and share of non-metros across segments
- Attributes and features most consumed on automobile sites as well as OEM sites
- Break up by Price range, fuel type and much more
- Share of interest between ‘new’ and ‘used’ cars
- Role of ‘social influencers‘ in aiding pre-purchase decision making