This year, Eid celebrations were more festive than usual, thanks to Salman Khan starrer Dabanng that enjoyed phenomenal success across the country. The movie rocked, not just the theatres but also the virtual world as more and more users logged onto the internet to know about their favorite Robin hood Pandey! Some facts:
- Youtube (August – September 2010) – ViziSense saw a jump in no of videos searched for Salman Khan in month of August and September primarily of Dabanng. It also provided impetus to other related searches on Salman Khan like Salman’s English accent, Salman Gym, Salman body building, Salman’s house in Bandra amongst many other funny ones.
- Google (August – September 2010) – Google searches saw a massive jump around the pre-release and release period of the movie during August and September. It witnessed an 86% jump in August and 84% in September for keyword ‘Salman’ along with other keywords like Salman Family pics, Zarine Khan, upcoming movies, Aamir Khan amongst others. A very interesting trend that we noticed was that people were looking for his Facebook page, Twitter page and even his blog clearly wanting to follow him more regularly, a new trend with the advent of Social media. Debutante Sonakshi Sinha, who stars opposite Salman in the movie, also enjoyed her share of internet fame as people searched for her filmography and pictures.
- Facebook (July – September 2010) – No report today is complete without understanding Social Media trends around it. Trends suggest that people visited Salman pages and created fan pages with videos of his movies using personal social networking accounts. Facebook users were fast to ride on the Salman Khan wave as visits to pages related to the actor increased between July and September. Interestingly,
- 61% of the visits to Salman’s pages have come from the page Salman-Khan-Foundation-Being-Human, showing people’s higher interest in Salman’s philanthropic activities and their personal connect with him as a person.
- Top searches were – Salman Khan Foundation Being Human, Salman and Shahrukh should be friends, Salman Khan Rules amongst many others across topics.
With the overall spike in activities in the virtual space around Salman Khan, there is no hesitation to conclude that Salman sure is a crowd puller not just in cinemas but also online.
Keep watching this space for more exciting and buzzing articles.